Do you think she’s pregnant?
You are not alone in this situation. The two of you can get through this. She needs you now more than ever. It’s vitally important that you provide her with the support she needs, emotionally and physically. Here are some tips on how you do this.
What to do:
- Talk with her and listen to her. Keep the lines of communication open between the two of you at all times. DO NOT close yourself off emotionally because this situation involves more than just you!
- Be there for her. She needs you now more than ever before.
- Talk with the people who care. In addition to keeping the lines of communication open between the two of you, it’s important to discuss the situation with parents and others who’ll be directly affected. Keeping this a secret will only add to the stress – yours and hers.
- Educate yourself. Collect information and seek advice from people you trust.
Be honest with her and yourself. Own and share at all times how you feel. You’ll be surprised at how much it will help her to know that you share the same concerns. You’ll be surprised at what you learn about yourself. And you’ll be proud that you’re standing tall together!
What Not To Do:
- Don’t run from your responsibilities. The more you try to avoid this situation, the harder things will get for the three of you. Now. And forever.
- Don’t pressure her to do what you want. You both need to work together at all times. You’re a team now!
- Don’t stop communicating with her. Express your feelings and add your input whenever it’s needed.