Do you think she’s pregnant?
Being in this situation can feel very lonely, but you are not alone. The two of you can and will get through this. She needs your emotional and physical support, now more than ever. Here are some tips on how to provide her with support.
Good things to do:
- Keep the lines of communication open between the two of you by talking to and listening to her. DO NOT close yourself off emotionally because this situation involves more than just you!
- She needs you now more than ever before, so be there for her.
- Talk with the people who care about the two of you. It’s important to discuss the situation with parents and others who’ll be directly affected. Keeping this a secret will only add to the stress both of you are feeling. We can help you connect.
- Educate yourself by collecting information and seeking advice from people you trust.
You should be honest with both her and yourself. You should own and share how you feel. You’d be surprised at how much it will help her to know that you share the same concerns she does. You’d also be surprised at what you learn about yourself. And you’ll be proud to be working through this situation and standing together.
Things Not to Do:
- Don’t run or try to hide from your responsibilities. Trying to avoid this situation will only make things harder for the three of you. Now and forever.
- Don’t pressure her to do what you want her to do. This is something you need to work through together. You are a team now!
Don’t stop communicating with her. Expressing your feelings and adding your input when needed will go a long way to making everything work.